Wednesday 2 June 2010

Ela Bauer: I Care A Lot


Ela Bauer's work was selected for I care a lot. Which I posted about last week. A really interesting response to the theme, presenting a discussion rather than taking a side or political point of view.

I did not enter this project as I could not think how to approach such a tricky subject without feeling uncomfortable about my interpretation or lack of real knowledge on the subject. I think Ela's work is a very thoughtful response and is universal to the idea of conflicts.

"This is a huge heart which actually is a huge knot.
That is the key feeling in this work; the knot is such a paradoxal form; it consists of “one”, but through an action (of knotting) it becomes “two”, with a heart between them. At the same time it is the ground of endless processes which in themselves are not complex, but all together they create an unsolvable, knotted reality. An un-followable mass of actions and reactions.
There is no wrong or right, just a complex, painful situation."

No comments:

Post a Comment