Monday 25 February 2013

Hastings

Last weekend I popped over to Hastings. It's only twenty or so minutes away. I had not glimpsed the sea in a while, so it was lovely to be there. Here are a few shots of what I saw. Hasting now houses a Jerwood Gallery. It's only £2 for local residents, which I thought was a good gesture to Hastings folk. I think there was a resistance to the building going up. Hastings has really developed in the old part of the town. There are quite a few independent shops working really hard to be innovative and sell great products. Pearl and Queenie is a lovely Jewellers selling their own brand and a few others such as Grainne Morton and Tatty Devine. Made in Hastings, is another good one selling work from local makers/artists as a collective. There are also antique shops scattered about and most importantly the best fish and chip shop in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment